Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Love and Trust

Love& Trust .. The two pillars of any relationship..

Can one exist without another? Yes I think so..And here I am not talking about Trust on a broader perspective, am not talking about loyalty, but it could be trusting the other persons decisions - right or wrong, respect for the other persons space.., trusting the person to stand up for you...

There can be some people whom you trust blindly with your darkest secrets and yet not like their ideologies, or outlook on certain things that you feel strongly about. You may respect them but not really like them.

Then there are some whom you love for no apparent reason, yet when it comes to trust, you have a question mark.

Shouldn't Trust ideally be a subset of Love...but then is there 'an ideal relationship' ;) ? I guess not..

If you were to compromise on one aspect in a relationship, what would you choose, a little less love or a little less trust?

7 comments:

Smitha said...

N, That was thought provoking.. I have to say Trust.. For me actually love and trust go hand in hand..as in I would not be able to love someone I don't trust...
But more importantly, how are you getting the time/energy to blog???? I remember being all washed out after my daughter was born :)

Indyeah said...

as Smitha said thought provoking:)


trust and love are part fo the same package:)
In a life partner that is:)

with family too:)
with friends it can be respect but not like and
sometimes love but not trust
and in some rare cases both love and trust with a friend:)))

(((hugs))
new momma go back and take some rest:PP

Poonam J said...

Hmmmmm,
U set me thinking there, we take all this so much for granted, in our relationships.But to me ...Life is inspired by Love and guided by Trust.....Hugs.Enjoy your todays..and take the much needed rest.

Anonymous said...

Oye N! you pop a kid and now you are posting away and that too such thought-provoking posts. Go take rest rest girl! :):):)

How is the cutie pie?

As for trust and love, for me it goes hand in hand. I share my secrets only with the ones I love but yet there are times when you meet a perfect stranger and then strike a chord with her that you share your troubles and secrets whereas you might not do the same with someone you have known for ages. Somethings can't be explained, I guess.

N said...

@ Smitha..hmmm...and sometimes I wonder why cant we have it all :)

@ Indyeah
"Sometimes love but not trust
and in some rare cases both love and trust with a friend"
why are such cases so rare ? :(

@ Poonam:
"Life is inspired by Love and guided by Trust...." well said :)
I should write it down.

@ Solilo: haha I was laughing at the sound of it.."you pop a kid".. u make it sound so easy and fun...
Very true about strangers, as we know that they will not judge us and not hold any prejudice.

PS: thanks a tonne for all your wishes :)And {{BIG BEAR HUGS}} to all of you...My Sona is now 10 days old.. the 1st week was crazy..now I am learning to live amidst chaos :)
was sleep deprived, now learning to sleep in breaks :) And maybe I am just a blog addict now and cant keep away:P

Solilo said...

N, I know how it feels. {{{Hugs}}} You need sleep but when you don't feel sleepy then blog and share whatever you feel like. We are here.

10 days...kisshes to tiny little Sona. I miss those days. Mine is 5 yrs old.

Anonymous said...

N, You've been tagged :) http://wordsndreamz.wordpress.com/2009/04/22/the-amazing-fun-crazy-rollercoaster-ride-of-motherhood/
Would love to see your take and do leave me a coment once you're done .

I know you must be very busy with your Sona :) So whenever you get a chance - take care and hope you're getting all the rest you need:)